About Me

My photo
Water. Air. Food. Sex. The essentials in life. The first two? Leave them in their natural state and they'll look after you just fine.. The later two? Fun to play with. Get a little creative with. And if the mood strikes you, mix the two... Food and sex have been linked throughout history. Think about it. I mean really think about it. Is there anything more sexy than good food? Chances are others think the same thing. These recipes are not just about seducing that special someone (or someones) but seducing yourself. Its easy to forget what a pleasure food can be. So take a knife, some nice ingredients, and get Seductive in the Kitchen.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Inspiration

So I just finished watching the movie Julie and Julia.
And though I watched it previously at the cinema I wasnt a blogger at the time.
For those of you who don't know what the movie is about it follows the tales of the lives of two real people.
One story is that of Julia Child. She is the woman who pioneered good food in America. Way Back in 1949 she learnt at fourty-something to cook in France where she fell in love with the food, the people and with cooking...
She began cooking lessions at Le Cordon Blue, the famous cooking school in Paris, the only female to attend, also the only non proffessional. She is played to perfection by Meryl Streep, one of my favorite actors.
We skip forward to 2002 to the other tale; that of Julie Powell. A woman on the verge of thirty stuck in a job she hates who never manages to finish anything she begins.
And so, she decides to cook her way through Julia Child's cook book. 534 recipes in a year! And she does it! Now that is dedication!
Frankly it makes me feel a little lazy. Granted I work fairly long hours but I like my job and i cook all the time yet somehow i manage not to blog about it. Slack, I tell you, slack.
You shouldn't let me get away with this.
So right now, at 11.25 at night, full of inspiration after watching Julie and Julia I will make a pledge.
I'm aiming for a minimum of 3 recipes a week.
I think part of the problem I have is that I only blog about exciting things, forgetting how excited i was to first learn how to make scrambled eggs like a chef, or discover simple little tricks.
Last night my boyfriend asked how i got my onion to taste the way it does and i told him and he was excited.
So here we go. Three recipes. Per week. About everything.
Keep me dedicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment